Head of People and Culture – CatholicCare Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains
About the Organisation
CatholicCare Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains (CatholicCare) has been serving the community for more than 25 years. We provide a diverse range of community services from counselling, community engagement to disability and aged care to members of the community to live safe, healthy and happy lives. We typically work with people who are as diverse as our community, often with complex issues.
We think innovatively and practically to ensure the best support and care is available to our clients. We work hard to ensure our working environment is supportive with a focus on the health and wellbeing or our staff, while embracing professional development.
About the Role
CatholicCare is entering an exciting phase under the leadership of its new Executive Director (ED). As part of a team of 180 people, you will contribute to an organisation that is growing to meet the needs of the community.
A key member of the CatholicCare’s leadership team, the Head of People and Culture will work closely with the ED to drive the organisation’s strategic mission – to be a strong and visible provider of care for the people of Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains, with a special concern for the poor and disadvantaged.
An experienced HR leader, you will be responsible for the development and execution of a People and Culture Strategy that will empower our people, while continuously improving the human resource function of the organisation.
While this position is primarily based at Orchard Hills, we continue to build capacity to work from home and other office locations.
As well as having significant experience in a HR leadership role and tertiary qualifications in Human Resources (or a related discipline), we are looking for someone who is:
- inspired by the opportunity to play their part in connecting people with their community so they may live with joy and purpose
- believes that every job plays an important role in ensuring our community thrives
- passionate about their leadership role in human resources
- influential with strong interpersonal and coaching skills and enjoys working collaboratively within a professional environment.
Ideally, we are seeking someone with:
- a demonstrated commitment to CatholicCare’s mission, as well as a commitment to the ethos and values of the Catholic Church
- Senior HR leadership experience in a multi-disciplinary and diversified organisation in the human services, community services or related environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop, lead and implement a broad range of contemporary HR and organisational development strategies, programs, policies and operational practices
- Ability to support an organisation undertaking transformational change including culture and engagement project identification, implementation and leadership, and employee engagement
- Experience supporting senior leadership on people and culture strategies
- Proven track record in building and maintaining effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders
Join our team!
Applications must include a Cover Letter and Resume. Your Cover Letter must include how your qualifications, skills, knowledge, experience and personal attributes align with each of the Key Requirements of the role (as outlined above).
For a confidential discussion about this position and to obtain a copy of the Position Description, please contact Anthony Spata at REACH Human Resources on 0402 210 055 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are to be sent to email@example.com. Applications close 28 July 2020.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Preferred candidates will be required to have a National Police Check and Working with Children Check clearance and appointment will be subject to satisfactory check outcomes.